Wednesday 6 July 2011

Laughing gas..


So...caught a glance at The One Show this evening and an article about fuel prices which reminded me to respond to a recent e-mail from British Gas.

BG has supplied my gas and electricity for a year or two since I switched to a fixed tariff that expired last month. I was invited to consider the new discounted deals available.

Having chosen Websaver 12 Dual Fuel, logged into my existing account, (taking the opportunity to inspect latest bills for both fuels through the links displayed).

Then completed order, confirming that current supplier of both gas and electricity is BG.

My acknowledgment tells me that my electricity account has been switched to the new tariff and that BG will now supply my gas too. It will take 4 - 6 weeks to make the transfer from my existing gas supplier....

...which is - and has been during three decades at this and earlier addresses - er....British Gas.

Am now waiting for the BG engineer to turn up and replace my gas meter, cancellation charges perhaps - and who knows what else.

Nitrous oxide perhaps?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, er, ha....


No comments: